We believe the Bible above everything else.
The Bible is more than a collection of moral teachings or a handbook on theology. It is the history of the unfolding and establishment of God’s kingdom. Thus our teaching and preaching show how the Bible, from beginning to end, points us to Jesus Christ, who inaugurated the kingdom of God by his death and resurrection in our place. By nature we are dead in sin. But the triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, has loved us and has drawn us to himself. We hold to the historic Reformed faith. We believe in:
- Scripture Alone: We believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of the living and true God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice. The Bible is God’s complete, final, and sufficient revelation to us. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Faith Alone: We believe that the only way sinners can draw near to a holy God is to have their sins pardoned and receive the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ. Not even the best of our works can merit this. Justification is by faith alone. (Romans 3:28)
- Grace Alone: We believe in the sovereignty of God in salvation and all things. “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:8-10 (ESV)
- Christ Alone: We believe that the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, is about Jesus Christ. He is our only hope of salvation. Therefore we preach Christ and not moralism, legalism, or politics. Only when we focus on Christ and trust in him can we walk worthy of the calling with which we have been called. (Luke 24:27)
- The Glory of God Alone: Our goal and the purpose of all things is to glorify God. Everything we do is for the sake of praising God. This is why our worship is God centered. (Psalm 19)